MIPS at a glance
Patient safety is actions taken and practices followed by
healthcare providers, organizations and the public
to prevent harm to patients from healthcare services.
Patient safety is about partnerships in healthcare. Patient safety is everyone’s responsibility, including patients themselves.
The Manitoba Institute for Patient Safety is committed
to helping healthcare organizations and healthcare
providers learn about leading practices to improve
We also empower patients and families to be engaged
with their healthcare team, to ask questions, to be
informed and to take part in decision-making.
The Manitoba Institute for Patient Safety:
• develops, shares and promotes patient safety resources
• hosts and sponsors patient safety education
• advises on patient safety related policy
• raises awareness about patient
safety issues and our organization
• Not-for-profit charitable corporation
• Board of directors -
7 elected, 5 appointed
• 36 Member organizations