Patient Safety is in YOUR Hand!
Patient Safety is in YOUR Hand! focuses on patient safety in the following three areas:
• reducing harm to patients from medication errors
• improving communication between health care providers
• eliminating the use of specified dangerous abbreviations, symbols and dose designations.
• Improve patient safety and reduce harm to patients from medication errors
• Improve communication between health care providers
• Eliminate the use of specified dangerous abbreviations, symbols and dose designations in the following:
• hand printed orders and prescriptions
• Medication Administration Records (MAR)
• preprinted orders and clinical pathways,
• electronic systems (e.g. order entry)
• electronic Medication Administration Records
• automated dispensing cabinets.
To order printed copies please email us at email@example.com or call our office at 204.927.6477 or 1.866.927.6477 for further details. Maximum quantities may apply.
A series of reminder posters that show real examples of error prone abbreviations, doses and symbols are available to download or order.
To order printed copies please call our office at 204.927.6477 or 1-866-927-6477.
Web Based Education Presentation
Web Based Education – Online Test
Do Not Use List
Recommended list of dangerous abbreviations, symbols and dose designations to be eliminated from use in Manitoba’s medication use system. A pocket size and poster size Do Not Use List are available to download.
5 Questions to Ask About Your Medications
Tips Sheet on asking questions about medications: It’s Safe to Ask!
> 5 Questions to Ask About Your Medications Poster